job board listings
Position: Reroll Operator
Reports to: Lead Slitter Operator/ Production Supervisor
WILL TRAIN ON DAYS TO START
Hours: The first day that these guys come, please have it be 8: 00 so we can get the shift started first. After that the shift is 6: 00am-4: 00pm for days(usually 4 days a week but right now we are running 5 days a week).
Hours: 3: 30 pm to 12: 00 am M-F
Re-working bad rolls that come from bulk roll processing. A good candidate will rework 30 to 40 rolls in a shift. They will be looking for defects in the bulk rolls and cutting defects out of roll and splicing roll back together. Good hand eye coordination is necessary and lifting up to 75 lbs 30 to 40 times in a 10 hour shift.
1.) Ability to learn basic product knowledge of quality and finished product specifications
2.) Good physical health, able to lift 75 lbs.
3.) Able to safely drive a forklift.
4.) Able to follow direction and instructions
5.) Ability to work an overhead crane
6.) Ability to work fast while making a roll splice
7.) Maintain and record accurate, legible records.
8.) Good visual skills.
9.) Good attention to detail
10.) Ability to work with other personnel, as a team member.
11.) Ability to operate a computer with Microsoft based application.
1. Records required information on Reroll log sheet.
2. Removes all defective material from roll to make one quality roll
3. Prepares and operates the Reroll unwind and rewind equipment.
4. Makes splice tape as needed.
5. Monitors rewind tension to obtain good rewind tension.
6. Transfers inspected rolls to boxing area for packaging.
7. Performs Quality check on all packaged goods to make sure labels meet standards,
8. Will become familiar with the MSDS sheets on all raw material and products used in this area.
9. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
10. Assist the Slitter operator or Die cut operator as needed.
11. Cross train to learn other production functions
12. Monitor quality of operation and notify appropriate personnel concerning problems with quality or equipment.
13. Provide input to improve the Quality or operation of the products manufactured at Briteline.
14. Assist in Slitter product or equipment change over.
15. Performs other duties as assigned by Lead slitter operator or Production Supervisor.