job board listings
Longmont company has an exciting career opportunity for a Purchasing Manager! This role will develop, implement, and maintain key commodity strategies in conjunction with internal partners and buyers to ensure delivery of materials and goods in support of operations requirements and production plans.
Job Duties, but not limited to:
- Prepares purchase order by verifying specifications, price and revision.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers
- Forwards receiving documentation to accounting for payment.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends.
- Liaison with other departments, particularly the accounting, the manufacturing, the engineering and the stock departments.
- Manages warehouse personnel.
- Prepare Inventory counts
- Some travel required to meet with vendors
- Desire to learn multiple complex duties.
- Must be a Team player, able to work with people and suppliers of all kinds and from all walks of life.
- Ability to manage changing priorities and competing demands.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, proven time management skills
- Flexible with strong sense of urgency
- ERP implementation and roll out a plus
- 3+ years experience in purchasing in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of basic MS Office products suite: MS Word, MS Excel etc.
- Exposure to QuickBooks is desirable. ERP/MRP use a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or Engineering a plus
Please send your resume and salary expectations to sarah@employmentsolutions.Com